Case study - Pharmaceutical contract manufacturer – packaging
- Patheon is the leading publicly listed provider of drug development and manufacturing services to global pharmaceutical, biotechnology and specialty pharmaceutical companies
- Eight contract manufacturing sites spread across the world; from France, UK and Italy in Europe, and from Canada and the USA down to Puerto Rico in the Americas
- Challenge to support each factory with own technical specification whilst leveraging group spend
- Underlying pulp and paper raw material inflation combined with specific cleanliness and quality requirements
- Strategy = Global approach with local sourcing
Patheon achieved a range of savings from 19% up to 35% across their sites – and these results have been achieved in the face of a price increase of the underlying raw material of about 6%.
- Globally co-ordinated sourcing of each requirement to local supply base
- Thorough tendering, negotiation and supplier approval process delivered a set of well-matched suppliers offering the necessary quality and cost competitiveness
Click here to download a PDF of this Case Study
Please contact us for further details.
Call us on: +44 (0)203 693 7275