Procurement Category Management
As organisations develop their procurement sophistication, a shift from a reactive ‘requirements-based’ approach to a proactive one where all spend is considered and ‘categorised’ can prove highly effective.
By focusing on specific supply-market categories and the strategies and workplans that are required to proactively source, address and manage them, significant enhancements (and cost savings) become possible.
Procura’s Category Management approach, provides the methodology and toolkit to achieve this - fundamentally changing the way organisations approaches the supply-market.
The Category Management Approach
Category Management delivers multiple benefits
Step-change in savings delivery
- Delivers savings across entire category, not just specific requirements
- Engages stakeholders, ensuring business requirements are fully considered
- Builds in demand challenge through stakeholder engagement
- Focuses on the supply-market, actively encouraging innovation and value-add
- Results in improvements to service levels, quality, availability and value for money
- Reduces risk in the supply-chain
- Cross-functional team approach ensures buy-in to outcomes
- Raises profile of procurement as a “service-partner”
Procura support the implementation of category management through:
- Current state analysis and Transformation planning
- Category management toolkit
- Training and coaching
- Co-Sourcing – delivering together to drive benefits and embed process and methodology
Why choose Procura?
- We are specialists in procurement. We bring Procurement Excellence, deliver cost reduction and improve our client’s profitability
- Our consultants work closely with all kinds of organisations to improve their profitability by identifying, delivering and maintaining savings from all categories of external spend
- A relentless focus on bottom-line results combined with our deep supply-market knowledge ensures that spend is optimised – and stays optimised
- We offer a range of entrepreneurial risk-sharing fee models to partner with our clients