Switching on experienced procurement resource as and when you need it
The procurement requirements of an organisation are continually changing and sometimes difficult to predict.
Growth, projects, absence, recruitment challenges and stretch targets cause challenges in managing resource, expertise and delivery, and the traditional approach of hiring interims to fill the gap just takes on fixed cost rather than a delivery outcome.
At the same time, planning and implementing a complex change project where potential external partners are vetted, tenders issued, presentations made – and all of this before the successful bidder gets anywhere near to starting any actual work – can seem like overkill.
The solution is ON-DEMAND
Procura have created a suite of easy to access services which allow our clients to benefit from our expertise, knowledge and capacity as and when its needed – with organisations only paying for precisely what is required.
The outcome: Less cost, maximum impact.
ON-DEMAND puts you in control:
- Pay only for what is needed
- Outcome-based incentivisation
- Sector/category expertise and leveraging Procura knowledge
- On-site or remote (or an optimum mix)
- Turn on and off as needed
Benefits of ON-DEMAND:
- Ready-to-go … turn on and off as needed
- Switch fixed expense for variable
- Pay only for what is needed
- Lower day-rate plus incentive bonus drives performance
- Leverage expertise and knowledge = outperformance in delivery
- Output-based deliverables rather than fixed-time commitment
- Flexible resourcing = right-sizing for procurement teams
- Reduce reliance on fixed-cost, fixed-term interims
Procura’s ON-DEMAND procurement service allows clients to manage the unpredictable procurement demands on their organisation through intelligent, flexible resourcing.
Example ON-Demand assignments:
- Category specific cost-reduction
- One-off sourcing projects
- Capital procurement projects
- Supplier re-contracting
- Contract renegotiation
- BREXIT on-shoring
- Global sourcing
ON-DEMAND vs. Interim:
Hire an interim… OR... Procura ON-DEMAND
- Pay for elapsed time
- High day rate
- Minimum contract commitment – impossible to exit
- Focused on maximising days used and contract extension
- Require performance management
- Agreed scope, deliverable and time
- Pay only for time required
- Lower day rate plus incentive bonus
- No commitment – turn on and off as needed
- Focused on agreed deliverables and client satisfaction
Often negative ROI High ROI
Service Outline: Three easy steps
2) Assignment specification
- We quickly agree a specification for the assignment; what is needed and what the output is
- We agree who, when, where and how the project is best delivered
- We agree the time required to get the job done
- We agree the day-rate and performance bonus according to the level of resource required
- We document everything in a straightforward statement of work… ready to start
- Cost-reduction projects over the line and savings secured
- One-off sourcing projects completed successfully
- Specific negotiation projects completed
- Brexit planning approach underway
- Spend analytics up and running
- Global sourcing approaches defined and progressing
We deliver. It is that simple.
Thought leadership articles
One way or another – fundamental change looms for UK businesses Whatever the final outcome on March 29, 2019– be it a revised Chequers Plan, the Norway Deal, a customs partnership, hard Brexit, soft Brexit, ‘no deal’ or even the prospect of another referendum – the one certainty is the triggering of fundamental changes... Continue reading
Tail spend comprises 80-90% of all purchased items—primarily low-volume and often one-off or infrequent orders that go out to a wide range of suppliers. Despite the vast number of items included in tail spend, it accounts for just the bottom 10-20% of a company’s total spend... Continue reading
Subscribe below for regular Insights:
If you would like to discuss becoming a member of ProSource, our Group Purchasing Framework and save thousands on your indirect spend, please get in touch for further details.
Email us: email@example.com
Call us: +44 (0)203 693 7275